This is our attempt to print something a costume that is close to The Mandalorian.

We will be printing the armor pieces on a 3D printer and assemble the costume within the next few months.

We changed our mind and are not going to make “The Mandalorian”, but are going to try to make “A Mandalorian” with the same basic layout.

We printed a reverse of the left shoulder plate to make a right shoulder plate as the Mudhorn emboss isn’t appropriate. We will also modify the colors and straps, but the overall look will be unique and still Mandalorian-esque.


Local Navigation

The Mandalorian

Global Navigation

Blair's World

Blair Armeau - Resume




The process of 3D printing the pieces

Each major piece is taking roughly twelve hours, but we’re also printing them with a thick shell and extra internal support.

Right Shoulder with Mudhorn Emblem.


Helmet, printed in two parts, and taped together temporarily.


Right Thigh Armor


Left and right forearms, shoulders, thighs, hips, hands, and kidney armor.


Attached the top and bottom helmet pieces, then started filling in the seam


Sanding takes a lot of effort to get right, but breaking out the power tools helps


Everything is sanded at least once and given and given a coat of filler primer.


The first coat of metal paint. Shiny but not reflective.


Shoulder, hip, chest, kidney plates and greeblies.


This is an attempt at using spray primer directly to the print without sanding the plastic first. I did not sand the primer but instead went straight to the metal paint. Definite layer lines, but not as bad as I would have guessed.


The costume looked good, but it could be better. Some of the surfaces just weren’t smooth enough so we gave them another sanding. As expected, most of the paint came off, but the underlying plastic shows high points indicating the filler and paint layers settled into the lower spots. It looks odd, seeing the black and silver stripes, but the surfaces are much smoother than before, almost glasslike, so the next layer of primer and paint should look even better.

2022-03-15 20.48.33.jpg

After a few more sand, prime, paint, repeat sessions, the armor looks pretty good.




Finally everything has a good coat of paint, the detail accent color is a dark green.


Next, and hopefully the last, the armor gets a good buffing with sandpaper to appear used.